-1

I'm OK with current asyncio locks and queue implementation, they are
not-threadsafe by design explicitly.

For locks you can use `yield from lock.acquire()` (requires nested
function definition for passing into `loop.call_soon_threadsafe()`)
and `lock.release()`.

I personally don't like to add strictness for asyncio implementations:
that may lead to performance degradations and may make problems for
writing non-standard event loops.

--
Thanks,
Andrew Svetlov