On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:52 PM, Guido van Rossum <gu...@python.org> wrote:
> Because of the way as_completed() works, it sometimes makes up new futures
> on the spot. The new futures will have the result/error from the original
> future but the mapping from original future to new future is indeterminate
> until a result is ready.

Using Guido's explanation above, we could improve that note in
asyncio.as_completed [1] adding a second sentence:

"""
Note: The futures f are not necessarily members of fs. A given future
may be wrapped in another future by as_completed; when that happens,
the result/error of the new future will be the same as the original
future.
"""

[1] https://docs.python.org/3/library/asyncio-task.html#asyncio.as_completed

Best,