I won't argue with your logic, but if a group of people use "energetic" to mean "young", then that's what it means to them (in some context). I think "energetic" has been a known as a standard job-ad euphemism for some time. Whether it has actually been used widely in that way, I don't know -- but there are certainly plenty of people who know that euphemism.

It'd be interesting to see some empirical data on what the effect of this kind of thing has been.

John