Hi Nick,

On Jun 24, 2015, at 6:50 AM, Nicholas H.Tollervey <nt...@ntoll.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Many thanks..! I'm feeling rather chuffed and a little embarrassed.

Chuffed I can understand, but the embarrassment is completely inappropriate.
Oh, wait, you're English. I've clearly spent too long in America.

> I'm going to make a cup of tea in celebration.

And perhaps something stronger in due course, I hope.

> Will raise a toast and dunk a biscuit to everyone who has and continues
> to help with Python in education in the UK.

Toast AND biscuits?

> You all deserve an award!

While that is true, I think the general feeling will be that your work with the
BBC to ensure that Python is a programming choice for their new educational
device plus your leadership role in the PyCon UK team plus makes you stand out
from the crowd. The PSF initiated the Community Service Awards (not an easy
development at the time, by the way) precisely to give public recognition to
outstanding efforts on Python's behalf, so despite your embarrassment you truly
are a worthy recipient.

regards
 Steve
--