On Wed, 7 Dec 2016, Cory Benfield (Lukasa) wrote:

There’s lots of great work going on in this space, and it’s really refreshing to see Python become one of the foremost languages for investigating new methods of managing concurrency.

Hi Cory

When you say "investigating new methods", do you mean new-to-the-world, or new-to-practitioners (or to some subset of practitioners, or some ecosystem)? If the former, do you have citations? I don't think of Python as a CS research language exactly -- except that pseudocode is often Python, or Python-flavoured -- nor am I aware of what async things had their start in Python -- even as far as 'pragmatics' goes.