Neil Benn wrote:
Hello,

Sorry that was a bad explanation - the control _is_ an ActiveX exe - not an ocx - it simply brings up a form (which in actual fact I then hide immediatly, I can't stop the form appearing in the first place - it has to appear for a few millisecs like a subliminal message). The component is an out of process exe - I did find something like DoEvents in pythoncom.PumpWaitingMessages - however I still can't get the win32com/python interation working, events are not simply not fired in my code.

I think that I will have to write a thin wrapper in VB or C# to access the underlying ActiveX exe (and protect the exe from the vagarities of the interface) which can then be accesssed with win32com - bit of a pain because it means that I have a maintenance issue (I work in a pure python shop and VB/C# code cannot be maintained by anyone except for me) but hey, its a protection against future redundancies <joke>! However if you know any gotchyas with ActiveX exe/win32com integration that I could look out for then that would be great.

Check venster (sf.net) there is demo with flash OCX, and controlling it is OK.

HTH
Niki Spahiev