Gfeller Martin wrote:
Nevertheless, I tried to convert the heap used by Python to a Windows Low Fragmentation Heap (available on XP and 2003 Server). This improved the overall run time of a typical CPU-intensive report by about 15% (overall run time is in the 5 minutes range), with the
same memory consumption.

I must admit that I'm surprised. I would have expected that most allocations in Python go through obmalloc, so the heap would only see "large" allocations.

It would be interesting to find out, in your application,
why it is still an improvement to use the low-fragmentation
heaps.

Regards,
Martin