Tim Roberts wrote:
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:56:33 -0500, Marcus Goldfish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As an addendum to my previous post: I was able to successfully do
screen capturing using win32gui + win32ui, [though I am still looking
for a solution that works without win32ui].

Why? win32ui is just a wrapper around user32.dll. That's the way you get UI stuff done on Windows.

Not true. win32ui is wrapper around MFCxx.DLL

In the C/C++ code snippets I've seen, the cleanup step usually
involves ReleaseDC(hwnd, hDC), DeleteDC(myDC), and
DeleteObject(myBitmap).

Right, and every programmer forgets those. That's why there are so many wrapper classes to handle them automatically.

Are these steps automatically handled in
Python by win32gui and win32ui?  If not, can someone post a snippet of
cleanup code that works for this example?

Yes, it is automatic. When the objects are destroyed, the resources will be released.

IMHO only win32ui objects are automatic.

Niki Spahiev

-- Ð ÑÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ,

ÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÐÑÐÐÐ
ÐÐÐÑÐÑ ÐÐÐ