Hi all,

I've been writing some code to move some data into and out of Outlook (2003 + Exchange 2003). I have some email .msg files on our file server, and I can't seem to get them back into the Outlook object I need, ie a MailItem. I've tried to use App.CopyFile() to (temporarily) put the file in an OL folder. Problem is, however, this returns a DocumentItem and not a MailItem.

Is there any way I could 'cast' this DItem into a MItem? Apparently, OL treats it as any general document - which, btw, shows in the view, too; it has another icon and you have to open it to view it). Or maybe there's another way to open it; I really only need the object in memory. Any ideas?

TIA,

PS: This may get double-posted due to some subscription issues I was having earlier. Sorry for the inconvenience.