On 7/11/05, Amit Upadhyay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a COM server which is working fine on my development machine,

[snip]

> But when I tranfer it to some other machine, i can not create an
> inproc instance of it using win32com.client.dispatch, it gives me:
>
> Python 2.3.5 (#62, Feb  8 2005, 16:23:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "boot_com_servers.py", line 44, in ?
>   File "btdownloader.pyc", line 14, in ?
>   File "socket.pyc", line 44, in ?
>   File "_socket.pyc", line 9, in ?
>   File "_socket.pyc", line 7, in __load
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Try viewing your exe's dependencies with Microsoft's Dependency Walker
tool. You'lI see which dlls are required by exe and which of them are
missing. Latest version also has Profile mode, which lets you observe
dlls loaded dynamically at run-time. (You should do it at "the other
machine", not development machine.)

- kv