Roger,

Thank you for the reply.  Could you please elaborate a
little further.  I don't fully understand the message.

You said:

>For the constants to be available, you'll need to run
makepy on the machines your script will run on.

I tried to run makepy.py and a menu of "types" poped
up.   What should I be doing with that?   More
importantly, I didn't have to do that on my own
machine and everything has been working fine.  Why's
that?

>win32com.client.gencache.EnsureDispatch will create

Is that a class method I should invoke from my code?
Or is that something I should be doing via an import
statement?  Or what exactly is that?

Thanks again,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On
>Behalf Of Roger Upole
>Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:21 PM
>To: python-win32@python.org
>Subject: [python-win32] Re: constants problem
>

>For the constants to be available, you'll need to run
makepy
>on the machines your script will run on.
>win32com.client.gencache.EnsureDispatch will create
the generated file for
>an object if it doesn't already exist.
>
>        Roger
>

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Hi, list:
> >
> > This is puzzling.  For the PythonWin32 based Word
> > script I developed, everything works fine on my
> > machine.  However, when I run the script on
another
> > machine, it would fail whenever it comes across
any of
> > the constants variables (such as, for example,
constants.wdLine,
> > constants.wdStory, or any of them). I checked and
rechecked and the
> > machines are all running the same version of
Python (2.3) and same
> > versions of PythonWin32.
> >
> > Anybody??
> >
> > Thanks,