I still can't seem to get this to work correctly. Here is the code I am testing
with:

---
import win32com.client
from win32com.client import gencache, Dispatch
import os, sys
from win32com.shell import shell
import win32com.client.dynamic

print "Creating late-bound Optix object"
xl = win32com.client.dynamic.Dispatch("Optix.Application")
print "The Optix object is", `xl`

gencache.EnsureModule('{4BD66BC4-4AA0-11CF-A13A-00A024140CAD}', 0, 1, 2)
optix = Dispatch("Optix.Application")
print optix
sys.exit(0)
---

The output is:
Creating late-bound Optix object
The Optix object is

The actual above gencache statement was not copied from the makepy utility as it
could not find Optix.Application (or the classid) so I just ran it on another
object and replaced it's classid with Optix's classid.

I have noticed that Optix.Application is not in the TypeLib list inside of
makepy
utility though it does show up under all onjects in MS's OLE Browser.

Another odd thing is that I can use Optix.Application in python (to some degree)
but can't use it for what I need sense makepy/gencache doesn't seem to make
anything.

Please Help! :-)
Steve Milner