Hi, new to the list and to Python but enthusiastically on the move into both...

I am from the world outside A-Za-z country. I wrote a simple text processing
application in Python which I eventually would like to
integrate with Microsoft Word. Right away, the following localization problems
popped up:

-- Sorting is done incorrectly for non-a-z letters.
-- Using \W for whitespace in a regular expression makes it treat those non-a-z
letters as whitespace, thus breaking words that
should not be broken.
-- Not yet sure if folding to lower-case is done correctly.

How should I handle this in Python?   I post on this list, since Windows by
itself has good support for localization (altering the
sorting sequence etc) as you know, though I am not familiar with the Windows
calls for this.
Best,