I have a class which was configured to start as a service (using an external PY file) under Windows 2000 Server. It started/stopped just fine on Win2k but when trying to start it on Windows 2003 Server I get an error that reports a message like "the stub recieved bad data".

I can start this class manually from the command line but obviously I want it to start as a service. I didnt record the error code that was associated with the message but was wondering, has anyone had problems with PythonService.exe and Windows 2003 Server?

I was running ActiveState Python 2.4.1 and upgraded to 2.4.2 yesterday but that did not help the issue. I even manaully upgraded the pywin32 package also to no avail.