Oops - that last mail snuck away from me!

Enabling "debug mode" for event handlers is tricky - you probably
could open the makepy generated file and locate the function in the events
class:

        def _query_interface_(self, iid):
                import win32com.server.util
                if iid==self.CLSID_Sink: return win32com.server.util.wrap(self)

to pass True as a second arg to "wrap" - that should enable standard COM
server debugging, which should spew output to Pythonwin's Tools -> Remote
Trace Collector.  You should see the "member not found" errors reflected
there.  Adding all necessary methods until that output is (mainly) silent
may avoid the error - but as mentioned in the first email, this is
speculation that ADO is getting upset about the event handler not having all
methods implemented.

> > We've noticed that Python can get ahead of the
> > execution of the SQL statements, such as adding a new
> > field and then attempting to calculate its value for
> > the records before Oracle has finished created it. Is
> > using DispatchWithEvents and waiting for the
> > ExecuteComplete (with pythoncom.PumpWaitingMessage)
> > the right solution?

I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly what you are asking here.  By Python getting
ahead, I assume you really just mean that ADO is getting ahead (and
therefore would when called from any language).  If ADO is working somehow
asynchronously, then the solution to that probably lies inside ADO itself
rather than in Python.

Cheers,