Hi,

Thanks for the idea.

When I create a minimal project in MS Basic Express (console App) the following
works:

Module Module1

    Sub Main()
        Dim AlibreHook As AlibreX.AutomationHook        AlibreHook =
GetObject(, "AlibreX.AutomationHook")
        Dim AlibreRoot As AlibreX.IADRoot        AlibreRoot = AlibreHook.Root
        Console.WriteLine("Version " & AlibreRoot.version)
    End Sub

End Module

When I try the same thing in a vbs script, and run with wscript:

        Dim AlibreHook        AlibreHook = GetObject(, "AlibreX.AutomationHook")
        Dim AlibreRoot        AlibreRoot = AlibreHook.Root
        WScript.Echo("Version " & AlibreRoot.version)

I get the error:
Line: 4
Char: 9
Error: Object required
Code: 800A01A8
Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

The TypeName(AlibreRoot) in the second example yields 'Unknown'

All of the examples have this component started and attach to a running
instance with GetObject.

Any new insights?

THanks,
Duane>