Jim Vickroy wrote:
>I have a "fairly" simple test script that appears to exhibit a memory
> leak when using ADO to insert rows in a SQL Server database via a
> persistent connection.
>
> Memory requirements monotonically increase with time (apparently in 4k
> increments).
>
> I'm using python 2.4.1,  win32com (pywin32 build 209), and MS Windows XP
> with all current updates.
>
> Has anyone else seen this behavior?
>
> Any thoughts about where the problem may be?
>
> Thanks,
> -- jv
>
> P.S.
> Earlier tests showed that:
>
>    * simply maintaining a persistent connection (for 24 hours) is not
>      the cause
>    * maintaining an active connection and the insert command object are
>      not the cause

Does the script print anything, and are you running from pythonwin or
python.exe ?  Pythonwin accumulates output indefinitely, whereas
python.exe eventually starts discarding it once you exceed the output
buffer size of the console window.

Could you post the script that demonstrates the problem ?
I'll try to set it up to run for a while in debug mode to see if
any problems show up with python refcounts or COM interface
refcounts.

     Roger