Derick Van Niekerk wrote:

>     You ran dependency walker on which file?
>

> I ran it on python.exe, pressed F7, then  loaded my .py file by
> specifying the filename in the arguments field.

You might try running the dependency walker on
site-packages/win32/win32clipboard.pyd just in case, but I suspect you
won't find anything.

>     How are you running this?  Are you running it from a command line, or
>     from inside an IDE, or double-clicking on the desktop, or what?
>

> I get the same errors whether I run it via the comand line, desktop
> double-click (quick read to see the errors)
> or SPE (my IDE of choice). The dlls are found, the problem is with the
> SetClipboardViewer
> function - which, I assume is a module inside a dll (user32.dll, I
> believe). I might be assuming too
> much - It could be something else entirely, but it seems to only
> affect SetClipboardViewer.

win32clipboard.SetClipboardViewer is a function inside of
win32clipboard.pyd, which is a DLL in the Python directory.  It,
eventually, calls SetClipboardViewer inside of user32.dll.  User32.dll
has been a part of Windows since 1992; I'm 100% confident you'll find
the problem in the Python wrapper somewhere.

On a whim, can you try checksumming the DLL?  I'm running pywin32-204.
If you have the same version, you should get the same number:

C:\Apps\Python24\Lib>python
Python 2.4.1 (#65, Mar 30 2005, 09:13:57) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
>>> import binascii

hex(binascii.crc32(file('site-packages/win32/win32clipboard.pyd').read()))
'-0x17a3560a'

> Is there any way I could have broken the clipboard view chain in a way
> that doesn't fix itself after a restart?

No, that's all in-memory.  If it were me, I'd load up Python.exe in a C
debugger and single-step through the function call, but then I'm not
like most people...

I did try the cookbook script here, and it works fine.

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]