At Wednesday 6/12/2006 21:32, Ray Schumacher wrote:

I've been mulling screen capture code. I tried PIL's
ImageGrab().grab() (with pymedia) but find PIL's method to be pretty
slow, ~4grabs per second max with no other processes.
pymedia is pretty quick once I hand it the data.

There has to be another way to get a copy or buffer() of the screen
DC's data that is faster (I hope).

Yes, but I doubt you can get faster without writting a specific program.
- watch for invalidate and paint events so you just grab the screen areas that actually have changed. - use a "pseudo video card" driver to watch for drawing primitives as TightVNC does (or is it some other VNC clone?)

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL