[James Matthews]
| Wikipedia just opened a new hosting platform i will try to
| get a site and make a media wiki so people in the python
| world can read/write on win32 API's Etc..... Although it
| would kill allot of the traffic on this list

[Bokverket]
> That's an absolutely fabolous idea. In particular, a
> lot of more general info on accessing Windows from
> Python (and maybe Python from a typical app
> like Microsoft Excel or Word) would fit there.
> The things that one dare not ask here,
> in spite of the "no-dumb policy" :-)

> Maybe there are good books or online resources on
> how to get a library up and running, what libraries
> are needed etc, how a COM works in conjunction with Pyton,
> etc., if so they could just be referenced.
> The target-group of the text ought to be programmers
> needing some glue.

I'd prefer to use the python.org wiki if anything.
Provision of wiki space isn't really an issue. Rather,
it's gaining and sustaining the momentum to keep the
thing going that's the problem.

Having sthg on the python site would give just a certain
edge of official feel to it. As has been noted several
times over the years -- and most recently and forcefully
by Fredrik Lundh -- Python could benefit from some
more community-contributable documentation system. One
of our problems at the moment is that lack of focus,
of "brand" if you like marketing terms. (Sorry, I
work for an advertising company).

I'm not a great fan of wikis as such, but I recognise
that ease-of-update increases the likelihood of contribution
and reduces the adminstration bottleneck which relies on
someone to vet and/or edit contributions.

Obviously this is all pie-in-the-sky until someone
does something. I suggest that unless someone comes
back by tomorrow to object, I'll create a PythonUnderWindows
main page on the Python Wiki with an Sysadmin page underneath.
(It's not as though we can't move it later if we need to).

If someone ones to get their own scheme running first,
then feel free and I'll happily contribute.

TJG