Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm following
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52267 to open a
> local .mdb file and export the contents. It works with normal databases,
> but I cannot open a password protected database.
>
> According to http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/progacdao/chapter/ there is
> no password option in the OpenDatabase method, so I've tried using
> daoEngine.DefaultPassword = xxxx without success.
>
> Does somebody know if this is possible and how?

I've found a visual basic example using Dao and the password is passed
as an attribute string. Hence the following will work under python:

   daoEngine.OpenDatabase(infile, False, False, "MS Access;pwd=xxxxx")

--
Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz, Jefe de producto de TeraVial
Rastertech EspaƱa S.A.    Tel: +34 918 467 390, ext 18.