Mark Hammond wrote:
> It would be very difficult to try and host a web browser control in a
> non-GUI application.  You really are limited to hosting it in either
> pythonwin or wxWindows.  You should be able to get both of those
> environments working with py2exe, but it might not qualify as a "standalone
> script" for you.

It would, I didn't explain myself properly, sorry. When I double click
the createwin.py example it opens a dialog with a control and just
works. When I double click the webbrowser.py it asks me to be run from
inside Pythonwin. I should have asked my question this way: How do I mix
createwin.py and webbrowser.py to have them run without opening
pythonwin separately and later creating a binary with py2exe?

Much longer, though.

The reason why I wanted to do this is because I want to embed a the
crystal reports activex component in a wxpython application, but my
first tries didn't work. OTOH modifying webbrowser.py was easy and
worked, but only inside pythonwin.

By now I've managed to successfully run the activex component inside
wxpython, so I won't need help with the createwin+webbrowser question,
though I'm still interested on the technical reasons why one works and
the other doesn't (I'm a total newbie to win32 programing).

http://lists.wxwidgets.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?11:msn:63578:ihehakhbfokpnmnnafdc

The example code posted in the above URL doesn't use wxPython's activex
module because it doesn't allow me to specify the version of the activex
control along with the clsid string, unlike gencache's EnsureModule().

I wonder what trickery does win32com to locate the correct version of
the clsid, which wxpython is unable to do.

--
     Rastertech España S.A.
        Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz

C/ Perfumería 21. Nave I. Polígono industrial La Mina
28770 Colmenar Viejo. Madrid (España)
Tel. +34 918 467 390 (Ext.18)     *·*           Fax +34 918 457 889
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         *·*           www.rastertech.es
<http://www.rastertech.es/>