Thomas Heller wrote:
> Christian K. schrieb:
>> sorry. I forgot the attachment.
>>
>> Christian

>> import unittest
>> import comtypes.client
>>
>> import wx
>>
>> class EventHandler(object):
>>     """Instances are called when the COM object fires events."""
>>     def __init__(self, view, name):
>>         self.view = view
>>         self.name = name
>>
>>     def __call__(self, this, *args, **kw):
>>         self.view.write(unicode("Event %s fired" % self.name, args, kw))
>
> Here is the problem:                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^

silly. Thanks. Works fine with the old version of comtypes I had installed.

Now I installed comtypes from svn and get this error running your new
example:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ck\Desktop\x.py", line 64, in ?
     Listener()
   File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ck\Desktop\x.py", line 50, in
__init__
     self.com_init()
   File "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\ck\Desktop\x.py", line 59, in
com_init
     self.s = comtypes.client.GetEvents(self.o, sink)
   File "c:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\comtypes\client\__init__.py",
line 358, in GetEvents
     raise TypeError("cannot determine source interface")
TypeError: cannot determine source interface

As I'm real beginner with python on windows I'd like to ask some
elementary questions if you don't mind:
1) Does comtypes depend on pywin32?
2) It seems that it provides the same (similar) mapi interface as
pywin32, so can it be used as a replacement for pywin32?
3) Does comtypes expose the extended mapi?

Thanks for your help, Christian