Hi,

I am a Amateur in python and an doing some work on Python and Win32 APIs
.
One of my task includes finding the active window , during any
installation proces and proceed ......
Take an instance : I connect a USB device say a USB printer to the USB
port , as soon as it connects we get a pop-up saying "New Hardware Found
"
I need to detect that popup , and then proceed with the other
installation steps if that popup occurs :

Trying to check its appearance with the following command :

#!/usr/local/bin/python
Import os , win32gui, win32ui

hWnd = win32ui.FindWindowEx(win32gui.GetDesktopWindow(), None,
"wndclass_desked_gsk",None)

Getting the following message :
Traceback (most recent call last):
win32ui: No window can be found.

Please provide inputs on this , will be of great help for me to start
with .......

        Regards,
        ~Amit Arora,
        Senior Software Engineer,
        Infogain India (P) Ltd.
        A-16, Sector-60, NOIDA - U.P. - 201301, India.
        Phone: +91-120-2445144, Extn.: 4210.
        Fax: +91-120-2580406.
        www.infogain.com
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]