I've uninstalled and reinstalled Pythonwin and indeed after
installation the pyc is present and when Pythonwin runs the first time
it overrides it. I've saved the original intpyapp.pyc and when I use
it Pythonwin runs without a problem. I've compared the "working" pyc
with the "non-working" one and the differ in 2 bytes.

Ze'ev