Running pywin32 version 210.
Python 2.5

I have some events that don't get formatted correctly, basically ones
that contain messages from winerror and some events in the security logs.

System Log Error
[273] ID:7000 Service Control Manager
   Type: ERROR
   Time: 10/11/2007 05:13:18
The Network Load Balancing service failed to start due to the following
error:
%%1058

The 1058 is an error message from the winerror.h header, which I can get
with win32api.FormatMessage, but why doesn't SafeFormatMessage do this
automatically?

Security Log Audit Failure Message
Object Open:
        Object Server:  Security
        Object Type:    File
        Object Name:    C:\WINDOWS\DtcInstall.log
        Handle ID:      -
        Operation ID:   {0,72457}
        Process ID:     1208
        Image File Name:
        Primary User Name:      NETWORK SERVICE
        Primary Domain: NT AUTHORITY
        Primary Logon ID:       (0x0,0x3E4)
        Client User Name:       -
        Client Domain:  -
        Client Logon ID:        -
        Accesses:       %%1538
                        %%1541
                        %%4416
                        %%4417
                        %%4418
                        %%4419
                        %%4420
                        %%4423
                        %%4424

        Privileges:     -
        Restricted Sid Count:   0
        Access Mask:    0x12019F

The %% messages are not from winerror.h.  I believe the security log has
a messages dll of its own, but I have no idea how to get those messages.
Again, why doesn't SafeFormatMessage do this automatically?

Is there a way that I can do this with the win32api?  The messages are
formatted correctly with wmi, but wmi is painfully slow because the
event logs are so large.

Thanks,
Eric