Hi Michel,

I'm having a problem on following configuration of Vista,

OS - Vista Ultimate
Pyhton: ver 2.4
IE7: Protected mode On

I'm installing ietoolbar by following command

1) Run cmd.exe as an administrator,
2) Reach to directory, where ietoobar.py resides, in
C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\demos
3) python ietoolbar.py --install
4) Open, IE7, right click on toolbar, click on "Pywin32 IE toolbar"
5) If protected mode is on, doesn't comes up, toolbar doesn't load. but
if I set Protected mode to Off, restart IE and select "Pywin32 IE
toolbar", it loads correctly.

Are you using python 2.5 ?

Regards,
--Amish

Michel Claveau wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Because Protected mode need to activate UAC, I prefer to test (to try) on a
> virtual-PC. I have done a Vista-premium with UAC on, Security center on,
> Protected mode on.
>
> In the passing, I benefitted from it to test my procedures of installation
> for Vista.
>
> Results :
>     iebutton: install OK ; run OK (a "bit" slow)
>     ietoolbar: install OK ; run OK.
>
> @-salutations
>
> Michel Claveau

Amish Shah