I'm trying to write a Python program to automate the testing of a very large
number of Excel spreadsheets. From time to time these spreadsheets
mis-behave and leave Excel in an unstable state - under those circumstances
I would like to kill off Excel and restart my COM server with a new process.

Unfortunately when a Excel application object goes wrong it often does not
respond to quit events. Usually the only thing I can do is kill off all of
the Excel processes running - surely there must be a better way?

Is there a way to find the process ID of the excel.exe process that I have
connected to? That way when I want to kill off a malfunctioning Excel object
I need to only kill the affected object.