le dahut wrote:
> What strange is is that:
>
> try:
>   wsec.LookupAccountName(...)
> except:
>   print 'Error'
>
> shows :
> - a traceback, as if I didn't put LookupAccountName in a try/except
> statement
> - the string 'error' so the program has also switched to except as if
> the try/except has been correctly interpreted
>
> So we can say that I get the two behaviours in one. At the exception
> that the traceback is not complete, it only talks about the line
> containing LookupAccountName, not entire traceback (the caller function
> and its parents).

Well that is an extremely clear description of the problem. And,
unsurprisingly, I can't get it to fail at the interpreter or
(just in case) from within a file.

<guesswork>
Is there any possibility that there's an atexit handler or a thread
going on which is generating the other traceback? Or even a stray
__del__ or something equally bizarre? Or maybe the code's dropping
through after handling the exception to some other code which is
printing the traceback?
</guesswork>

TJG