Oops - forgot to "reply all":

The problem is that win32service needs a later platform SDK - try changing
the line in setup.py from:

        ("win32service", "advapi32 oleaut32 user32", True, 0x0500),

        ("win32service", "advapi32 oleaut32 user32", True, 0x0501),

And it should be skipped.  You might need to do it to pythonservice.exe too.
Or just install the Vista SDK.

Mark