Alex Denham wrote:
Thanks mike, i was thinking of doing something along those lines using the os
modules tmpfile() method.
Althought i'm pretty i can post custom events to the Tkinter event loop, will
try that first.

Sorry, Alex. I've only just spotted this thread. I think what's happening is
that, when a drag-drop
is initiated, Windows runs in a mini-messageloop of its own, and when the drop
event occurs,
you're still in that loop. I'm not sure how that will interract with whatever Windows messageloop Tkinter's running on your behalf. The normal thing would be to post some kind of message asynchronously, allowing your drop code to complete and the app's messageloop can then kick back in and see the message you posted. (waves hands about)

TJG