le dahut wrote:
Hello,

When launching an app that opens a socket, windows Vista complains that I have to accept it before it is launched and then that the firewall accepts the opening of the port.

Is there a way to register my app to be launched by users without UAC warning ?

Is there a way to open the port on the firewall inside the program or its installer ?

You can tweak the firewall settings, but you have to be UAC to do so, because you have to write to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry hive. If you have a setup application that has "setup" in the file name, this should work. BTW, this may be the longest registry path you will ever encounter:

   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
     System\
       CurrentControlSet\
         Services\
           SharedAccess\
             Parameters\
               FirewallPolicy\
                 DomainProfile\
                   AuthorizedApplications\
                     List\

Within that key, create a REG_SZ value whose name is the path to your application, whose value is a 4-part string separated by colons:
   <path-to-app>:*:Enabled:<friendly name>

Put the same thing into
                 StandardProfile\
                   AuthorizedApplications\