I'm debugging a weird/sporadic COM/ActiveX error with an application on a
client's site that's recently been 'migrated' to Citrix Metaframe on Windows
2000 Server.  I'm starting to think we may be hitting the system-wide limit for
how many HANDLEs can be created across all processes every so often, which
always causes weird and wonderful behaviour.

However, I can't remember what the system-wide limit is, and stfw'ing didn't
turn up any clues.  I recall reading something in a GDI programming book
recently where the author used brute force to demonstrate that the system limit
was around X handles -- but I can't remember what X was, I think it was around
43,000, but I'm not sure.

Anyone here happen to know off the top of their head?

    Trent.