Tim Golden wrote:
Tim Roberts wrote:
What *I* said was that it could NOT be done in pure Python, but I was expecting Mark Hammond or Tim Golden to contradict me in such a pessimistic statement. ;)

I was trying to hold back from a tirade of pointing
out how foolish an idea this was. Why is it that people
(a) want to to do intrusive things with other people's
interfaces? and (b) want it to be easy and risk-free?

(sigh)

Tim

While I agree with Tim that unilaterally trying to add something to another applications menu will be a lesson in futility, many Windows applications have clearly defined APIs for adding items to their menus or toolbars (Microsoft Office, etc). A good place to start would be to look at Mark Hammond's excellent SpamBayes plug-in for Outlook on how to add utilities to such applications.

-Larry