[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm currently working on a scientific computation software built in
python.
What I want to implement is a Matlab style command window <->
workspace interaction.

For example, you type 'a=1' in the command window, and you see a list
item named 'a' in the workspace.
You double click the icon of the item, and you see its value. You can
modify the value of the list item,
1 -> 100 etc,  after which if you go back to the command window and
type 'a'  and press enter, you see that
varable a's value has been changed to 100.

So my question is : if you have two DOS command windows running under
WINDOWS OS, how can you make them share the same internal variable
buffer? Or is there any easier way to implement such kind of
interaction?

I stronly suggest you look at IPython [1]. To do what I think
you're describing, you'd need to hack or reimplement the interpreter.
And that's what they've done. ISTR that they even have a branch
which is dealing with parallel instances.

TJG

[1] http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/