spoirot wrote:
I totally agree with you. I have found another dependency to use : Themes, which is less heavy than RPCSS.
This works, but it does not make exactly what I want.

Plus, it is simply not an acceptable practice for you to change some other service's dependencies.

Indeed, I would like to set some values in a HKLM subkey
at windows boot, in order that changes are effective as soon as a user logs in after boot sequence.

Why? What are you really trying to do here? What you're describing sounds like a perfect vector for malware and trojan horses.

You can certainly have a domain login script that gets executed very early in the login sequence. That's how most corporate environments enforce their IT policies.

In my case,
registry values are well written, but changes aren't effective yet... So user needs to reboot. I tried to use the FlushKey() method from _winreg module in order to immediately write changes to registry. Changes are written, but not effective. I thought that user's login refreshed the registry, and then changes could
have taken effect, but it seems not to be really the case.

Which registry entries are you changing?  Perhaps there is another way.

Is there any other Python _winreg method that could force registry changes to become effective as soon as
changes are written into the registry ?

This is just not the right question. Any changes take effect immediately, but if some other process has already read the value, there's nothing you can do, unless there's a way to notify the other process to re-read its settings.

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]