Mike Driscoll wrote:
Tim,

[... snip problems checking service status ...]

Well I've no idea if this suggestion will actually work
round whatever the issue is but...

... you can use WMI to query service info. (You knew I
was going to say that, didn't you?)

I knew you'd have some idea...you almost always do...

:)

I may try build 211 first since WMI always tends to slow
> my login scripts down significantly.

Good point. Certainly while I do often recommend my wmi
module for things, it is a (Python) layer over a (Python/C)
layer  over an API layer. And none of that's going to make
it any faster.

TJG