Gal Aviel wrote:
Hello All,

I posted a related question in the py2exe mailing list, only to realize that the issue might be more related to this mailing list ...

I'm distributing a python application as a self-contained executable using py2exe.

My application relies on several 3rd party DLLs which I am trying to bundle w/ my app.

Of the about 10 DLLs, one is a COM server that needs to be registered with windows (regsvr32 on the windows shell).

I already know about win32com.server.register.UseCommandLine() however it accepts a python class; is there a corresponding method for registering real, Physical DLL file? I want to try to register the DLL pro programaticaly from my python code.

Many thanks in advance :)

Gal.

Your question has been answered on the other list, but here goes.

Get a copy of Inno Setup and use it to create a Windows installer
(e.g. setup.exe) file that packages everything up into a single
distributable file. It can take care of registering the COM dlls during installation.

-Larry