knish wrote:
Hi,

     Thank you for your reply. I will remember your point and send the code
from the console.

BRgds,

kNish

Larry Bates wrote:
kNish wrote:
Hi,

The following lines of code gives an error starting with line where len() is used

local_BkFiles = glob.glob(localDirectoryName+'\\*' + data + '*bk*')
local_BkFiles.sort(key=str.upper)
last_pv_File_Name = local_PvFiles[len(local_PvFiles)-1]
split_last_pv_File_Name = re.search(data+"_bk[0-9]{2}_[a-z]{3}_pv[0-9]{2}",last_pv_File_Name ) lastPv_FileVersion = re.search('(?<=pv)\d+',split_last_pv_File_Name.group(0))

This code is being called in a procedure or function def. How may I solve this.

BRgds,

kNish

Since you didn't post your full traceback (you should always do that in
the future), we are guessing:

local_PvFiles isn't defined prior to trying to determine its length.

The way to get the last element of a list is:

local_PvFiles[-1]

you don't need to do all the length gymnastics.

I'm no regex expert, so I'll leave that part to someone else but if the filenames are a fixed format, you don't need regex at all to extract the version. If it is a completely variable format, then you would.

-Larry

What "this" to you want to solve? I see no traceback, no listing of files, no explanation of what you are trying to do. Help us try to help you.

Taking a second look, You sort local_BkFiles:

local_BkFiles.sort(key=str.upper)

Then you access local_PvFiles:

last_pv_File_Name = local_PvFiles[len(local_PvFiles)-1]

did you mean local_BkFiles?

(a full traceback would have pointed that out immediately)

-Larry