Hi Thomas,
Thanks, will give it a shot . My main concern is that i need to use the code in a service and have a display msgbox is not an ideal design.

Marcus

Thomas Heller wrote:
Marcus.CM schrieb:
Hi

On Windows/Vista :-

vr = ctypes.CDLL(str) When loading a DLL that is corrupted using cytpes, i get a bombed out box with "python.exe - bad image" as the message box title instead of handling it at my exception handler.
How do i do this without the ugly messagebox from python ?

Marcus.CM.

You could try changing the process error-mode flags by calling the
Windows SetErrorMode() function before loading the dll.

Probably ctypes.windll.kernel32.SetErrorMode(0x8007) will help.
See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms680621(VS.85).aspx