Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:52:04 +0200
From: Michiel Overtoom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [python-win32] Excel Document
To: python-win32@python.org

Sina wrote...

>To read the contents of an excel spreadsheet. In one case I am trying to
>read the value of the cell rather than its contents. i.e. if I have a
>hyperlink called "Document" or "Procedure" which is a hyperlink to
>http://intranet/foo.pdf then this script will return "Document" or "Link" as
>a unicode string rather than the URL that I require.

If you want to read/write a spreadsheet you can also do this on a
system that does not have Excel installed,
and does not  need a COM interface. However, there are some
limitations with this library, but for reading
numbers and text, it has been working well for me.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyexcelerator
http://www.lexicon.net/sjmachin/xlrd.htm