Ahmed, Shakir wrote:
I need to grab/parse numeric numbers such as app number from incoming emails stored in Microsoft Outlook (Microsoft Exchange server) with specified subject line.

The email body is like this

myregion ; tst ; 11-Aug-2008

http://my.xyz.com/dddd/content/ifs/apps/myDocFolder/NoticeOfapplication/080612-21_test_337683.pdf

I need to extract 080612-21 _ number from above line from incoming emails.

You're underspecifying this a bit. Are you asking for
help with reading emails? Or with finding a number in
a load of text?

The answer to the first is: use COM to automate Outlook/CDO.

The answer to the second is probably to use a simple regex.
Unless the format is so simply specified that you can
just use split () and string slicing.

TJG