Mark

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vinay Anantharaman
Sent: Friday, 22 August 2008 6:08 AM
To: python-win32@python.org
Subject: [python-win32] win32Com.gencache.EnsureDispatch Problems

Hi,

I executed the following code on a Windows Vista 64 bit machine with Python
2.4.2 and the latest win32com:

            from win32com.client import gencache

try:

    outlook = gencache.EnsureDispatch("Outlook.Application")

except TypeError:

    print "uh-oh"

Result:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 4, in ?

  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\gencache.py", line
537, in EnsureDispatch

    GetModuleForCLSID(disp_clsid)

  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\gencache.py", line
240, in GetModuleForCLSID

    makepy.GenerateChildFromTypeLibSpec(sub_mod, info)

  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\makepy.py", line 325,
in GenerateChildFromTypeLibSpec

    __import__("win32com.gen_py." + dir_name + "." + child)

  File
"C:\Users\vinaya\AppData\Local\Temp\gen_py\2.4\00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-00000
0000046x0x9x3\_Application.py", line 78

    ret = Dispatch(ret, u'CreateItemFromTemplate', None,
UnicodeToString=0)^M               return ret

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I can makepy on the Outlook Com library manually however, I'd prefer to use
the EnsureDispatch function.

Thank you,

Vinay Anantharaman