---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Greg Lindstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 11:54 AM
Subject: Renaming Excel Spreadsheets
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello,

I am working with Python to create Excel spreadsheets and have run into a
couple of problems I hope you can help me with.

First...are there any bindings/libraries into Open Office?

Now, back to Excel.

--> Does anyone know a way to create N worksheets?  By default, 3 are
created, but I would like more.

--> Is it possible to rename a worksheet inside of the workbook (change
"Sheet1" to "July 08", for example).

I've been working with Mark Hammond's book on Windows programming with
Python, but these have me stumped.

Better yet, an Open Source reporting system (ala Crystal Reports) would keep
me from having to write this.  I've looked at Jasper and DataVision;

Thanks,
--greg