Gabriel Genellina wrote:
Hello

I want to control Internet Explorer. This is what I have so far:

import win32com.client
from win32com.client.gencache import EnsureDispatch
url = "..."
IE = EnsureDispatch("InternetExplorer.Application")
IE.Navigate(url)
IE.Visible = 1

It works fine and shows the requested page. Now I want to use the "Save As" command. Looks like I should call the IWebBrowser2.ExecWB method, passing IDM_SAVEAS as the command and MSOCMDEXECOPT_DONTPROMPTUSER in the options. But I don't know how to obtain the value for such constants... I could dig into the C header files looking for them, but is there some other way?

The ExecWB method is documented here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa752117(VS.85).aspx

The usual way to get at constants after a Dispatch
is via the win32com.client.constants object. In this
case, the constant you want is OLECMDID_SAVEAS which...

<code>
import win32com.client

IE = "InternetExplorer.Application"
ie = win32com.client.gencache.EnsureDispatch (IE)

print win32com.client.constants.OLECMDID_SAVEAS
</code>

TJG