+1 for an immediate switch to using datetime objects in odbc.
  That will make adodbapi and odbc a little more compatible. (They will
never be completely compatible since odbc was written to an earlier api
spec.)
 Because of historical reasons, adodbapi defaults to mxDateTime, if present,
and datetime if not. (It will also return old Python time objects if you ask
it to.)
. I am thinking that adodbapi should also default to datetime in some future
revision (Perhaps Roger's py3k version?). The present default has bit me
before. The two types don't support all of the same operations, so if you
install eGenix base suddenly your time comparisons quit working. My guess is
that most people who use mxDateTime also use mxODBC rather than either of
our free api's, so a change in default would not bite as many people as the
status quo.
--
Vernon Cole