Dear all,

I recently wrote a class in Python that I want to be accessible by other
programming and scripting languages under Windows.

I converted it into a COM-server and it works quite well - on the same machine.

Now I want to go a step further and provide the class to users on other
machines that do/must not have python installed.
It seems that I can not get it to work.

What I have done so far:
1. defined the attribute "_reg_clsctx_" as follows in the class:
    _reg_clsctx_ =
pythoncom.CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER|pythoncom.CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER|pythoncom.CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER
2. Register the server on the REMOTE MACHINE using
    import win32com.server.register
    win32com.server.register.UseCommandLine(MyComObject)
3. Create an exception for port 135 in the Windows firewall settings on the
local and remote machine
4. DCOM is activated on both machines
5. DCOM security settings are activated for "everybody"

What is missing now is registering the client.

Is it possible to create some kind of stub or proxy that can be used on the
client?

Is there any other way to achieve what I want to achieve?

Thanks for your help,

Lars