Billy Pilgrim wrote:
> So I presume that window text and title are the same?
> (text, IMHO, implies contents of window).

That's actually a reasonable question, so I'll turn off the sarcasm
engine.  ;)

The "GetWindowText" and "SetWindowText" APIs are generic, and can be
used with almost any kind of window.  The definition of what "window
text" means depends on the type of the window.  Remember that almost
everything you see on your screen is a window; there are typically
thousands of windows on your desktop at any given time, contained within
one another.  For dialogs and top-level windows, it means the title bar
text.  For edit boxes, it means the contents.  For static text, it means
the text.  For buttons, it means the button caption.

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]