Mark Hammond wrote:
Jim Vickroy wrote:

I notice that the build number appears in:

    * pywin32.version.txt

but I was hoping for something similar to numpy or PIL.

I can't see a huge gain in pywin32 opening that file just to make it available in __version__, and having it manually maintained in a .py file other than 'setup.py' doesn't appeal either - so I'm afraid you need to open that file yourself. This is what pythonwin does for its about box.

A longer winded alternative is to read the version resources from any of the .dll files - the version number is embedded there - but getting the version string out without win32api is painful.

Mark

OK, thanks Mark. I wanted to be sure I had not missed something obvious and it appears (for once) I had not ;-)