Re!

I hope you understand me, and my very bad english.

- For tests, I use virtual computers (Virtualbox), and I restore the test-machine between each test.

- I try on a: Vista-home-premium (like "new, taken out of factory") + IE-8 rc1 ; french versions

- With the same conditions as yesterday, your new installer (pywin32-212.7.win32-py2.6.exe) run OK. But, after, it's my softwares who have SxS problem!!!

- With your (special)  Python26.dll copied in %windir%\system32, it is same.

- But, it is OK if:
       - I deactivate UAC,
- re-install (repair) Python 2.6.1 (that keep your Python26.dll in %windir%\system32) and, bizarre, if I re-activate UAC, all run OK, then... (all problems solved, including "Python-dll-CRT-90")

I continue some tests. I will try :
 - first installs with UAC deactivated prior.
 - reboot after copy the Python26.dll (with and without UAC)
 - run all install/copy/configure under Admin, and under single user
 - test with Windows-7 and XP (I have anothers virtual computers)
 - etc.

Thank you for yours contributions, and have a good day.
--
Michel Claveau